I wore heels today and it occurred to me, as it always does when I wear them on an occasion where others are not, it's a tough world out there for us heel-lovers, a world filled with scruffy trainers and ugly Ugg boots. I don't have anything against flats but it's just upsetting to see an outfit that would be significantly improved by a good pair of heels. Some girls are too scared to brave the heels whether it be because of standing out too much, the pain or the 'she tries too hard' judgments. But I passionately encourage any woman to wear heels whenever she can; it's empowering, stylish and makes your legs look thinner! how can you say no?! For those of you who are not confident about casual heels, here's how it's done:
1. Neutral tones - Black and tan are the obvious ways to go, team well with almost any outfit and don't shout out for attention.
2. Wedges - Or a thick, chunky heel. These are comfy, easy to walk in and have a very laid-back look to them; very 'what? these old things!'
3. Dress down - Keep the rest of your outfit casual too. Heels look great with a pair of jeans and a baggy tee.
4. Consistency - On your day- heel debut, people may be in shock because you're wearing *GASP* heels. during. the. day. But after you've worn them a few times, as always it'll be old news and you can continue being chic in peace.
5. Confidence - Don't doubt the heels. Once they're on, they're on. If all else fails, pretend you're on the catwalk.
Above: My pick of the casual heels : From left to right: Topshop, Zara, Office, New Look, Office, New Look