Thursday 16 February 2012

Oh Zara



Yesterday, I made the mistake of going into my favourite high street shop of all. It was like being a kid in a candy shop, everything I saw, I immediately wanted. Zara have the incredible ability to design truly on-trend and special statement pieces without going overboard - they are WEARABLE. At the end of the day, yes I love McQueens dresses but I don't want to wear one to the shops; it is the high streets job to convert these trends into something we can actually wear rather than simply look at and admire. I think the problem comes when we stop admiring our own clothes, a lot of the high street take what was once the concept of the garments individuality and tone it down to a point where it is lost. It is this Balance which decides the success of the designs - the balance between the garment's wearability and it's character. Zara has this balanced to perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment